2010年4月28日 星期三

No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay


Once I started reading this book, I could not put it down, even at the night before my exam.
I was the only person reading a non-text book at the exam centre!
The story plot at the very beginning is simple but shocking, and it bewitched me from the very first page!



Have you ever done something bad and ended in a fight with your parents,eg, returning home late on X'mas eve and your mum was mad at you?  Just imagine, you wake up after the storm, and find everyone in the house missing!  Everyone!  Not a note!  You can't find your brother in the school either!  And you are the only one left!


I was suctioned into chapter after chapter, trying to figure out what happened.  Was it because they were so mad and  left her for a while as punishment?  Was it a murder?  But why the murderer spared the girl?  The narrative by the spared girl's husband was intertwined with dialogues of unknown people.  Were they dialogues of the spared girl with her dead parents? Was it a ghost story? Or was the girl illusional and talking to imagined characters?


Read it yourself.  I recommended this book to a colleague and she finished it in one day!!!


沒有留言:

張貼留言